The city’s 38th annual Duk Duk Daze festival is scheduled for July 20, 21 and 22 at Northwood Park, 38th and Boone avenues.
Hours for the three-day festival are 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Saturday, and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
As it was last year, Boone Avenue in front of Northwood Park will be closed from 5 p.m. Friday through 8 p.m. Sunday.
Shuttle buses with wheelchair accessibility will be available from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday, at Cooper High School, 8230 47th Ave. N., and New Hope School, 8301 47th Ave. N.
New this year
In addition to an extra night of fireworks, expanded mini beanbag tournaments for persons 21 and older are set for 6-9 p.m. Friday, and noon to 9 p.m. Saturday. The cost is $20 for each two-person team. No pre-registration is required. Sigh-up by the softball fields at Northwood Park.
A tennis tournament is scheduled for 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Cooper High School, 8230 47th Ave. N. Pre-registration is required.
The men’s softball tournament begins at 5 p.m. Friday and continues from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Northwood Park.
The annual Kiddie Parade, with a “Fantasy Storybook Characters” theme, is at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 21. Prizes will be awarded for costumed participants, to age 12, and their decorated bikes, wagons or strollers. Sponsored by the New Hope Women of Today.
“Honeywagon” will present live rock and roll music 7-11:30 p.m. Friday in the Northwood Park pavilion.
“Rook” will provide live music in the pavilion 7:30-11:30 p.m. Saturday night.
Fireworks are scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
The complete schedule of events is as follows:
Thursday, July 19:
• 1:30-3 p.m.: Ice cream social at North Ridge Care Center, 5430 Boone Ave. N.
Friday, July 20:
• 4-9 p.m.: Tennis tournament at Cooper High School courts, 8230 47th Ave. N. Pre-registration is required for boys’ and girls’ tennis teams. Entry fee is $15 for singles and $12 for doubles. Registration/more information: 763-516-3062 (Janio Axelson), or pick up a form at New Hope City Hall, 4401 Xylon Ave. N.
• 5-11:30 p.m.: Rides, games, food and bingo
• 6-9 p.m.: Kiddie games, sponsored by New Hope Women of Today.
• 5-9 p.m.: Men’s double elimination softball tournament at Northwood and other parks. Team entry fee is $185. The numbers of teams that sign up will determine cash payout prizes. Contact: 763-561-5129 (Mike Schon).
• 6-11:30 p.m.: Bingo
• 6-9 p.m.: Minnesota Timberwolves basketball shootout. Interactive basketball shooting contest for kids of all ages. Prizes will be given.
• 7-11:30 p.m.: “Honeywagon” will present live music from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s in the pavilion
• 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
Saturday, July 21:
• 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Men’s softball tournament
• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Tennis tournament
• 9:30 a.m.: Registration for kiddie parade
• 10-11 a.m.: Annual kiddie parade. Theme is “Fantasy Storybook Characters.” Prizes awarded for decorated bikes, wagons or strollers. Sponsored by the New Hope Women of Today.
• 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.: Rides, games, food and bingo
• 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Kiddie games, sponsored by New Hope Women of Today.
• 11 a.m.: Children’s entertainment by Craig Carlson in the pavilion.
• Noon to 11:30 p.m.: Bingo
• Noon to 9 p.m.: Hammerschlagen
• 1 p.m.: Custom motorcycle display
• 3-4 p.m.: Showtime Chorus presents live music in the pavilion
• 6-9 p.m.: Minnesota Timberwolves basketball shootout for kids of all ages. Prizes will be given.
• 7:30-11:30 p.m.: “Rook” will provide live music in the pavilion
• 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
Sunday, July 22:
• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Softball tournament
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Tennis tournament
• Noon to 4:30 p.m.: Rides, games, food and bingo
• Noon to 4:30 p.m.: Kiddie games sponsored by New Hope Women of Today.
• Noon to 4:30 p.m.: Bingo
• Noon to 5 p.m.: Unlimited ride wristbands
• 1 p.m.: Classic cars on display
• 2 p.m.: Ninth annual pizza eating contest in the pavilion, sponsored by Frankie’s Pizza. Cash prizes will be given.
• 3 p.m.: New Hope Crime Prevention Fund raffle and free kids raffle drawing, in the pavilion.
Duk Duk Daze is organized and sponsored by the New Hope Lions Club and the city of New Hope.
Proceeds from the annual celebration/fund-raising event are dispersed to charities and community organizations.
Information: www.dukdukdaze.com, or 763-531-5129 (Duk Line).