The New Hope Parks and Recreation is offering the following upcoming programs:
• Fondant Cake Decorating: Meets 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 13. Participants ages 13 and older will learn to create a holly wreath cake using fondant (one of several kinds of icing-like substance used to decorate or sculpt pastries). Class meets at Crystal Community Center, 4800 Douglas Drive. Cost is $28 per person for residents of New Hope, Crystal or Robbinsdale, and $35 for non-residents.
• Gymnastics classes: Classes for kids ages 4 and up start Jan. 8 and continue through early March. A variety of times are offered. Call the New Hope Parks and Recreation Department for more information.
• Adult fitness class: Meets 6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Cooper High School Strength Center, 8230 47th Ave. N., starting Jan. 7. Each circuit training class lasts 50 minutes. Cost to attend is $59 for New Hope residents and $66 for non-residents.
• Open skating: Open skating is available 6:30 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays for $3.50 per person at the New Hope Ice Arena, 4949 Louisiana Ave. N. No rental skates are available. Call the arena at 763-531-5181 for more details.
• Be a Better Babysitter: Meets 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at New Hope City Hall, 4401 Xylon Ave. N. Participants age 11-15 will learn how to care for children and infants, be a good leader and role model, make good decisions and handle emergencies. Cost to attend is $72 for New Hope residents and $79 for non-residents. Registration deadline is Dec. 7.
To register or for more information, call the New Hope Recreation office at 763-531-5151.