Osseo Area Schools is in the process of identifying approximately $11 million in expense reductions expected to be required during the next two years (2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years).
The reduction amount is slightly less than previously estimated due to recent changes in two financial projections:
• Higher enrollment than previously estimated, resulting in $1 million more revenue over the next two years.
• Successful cost containment measures, resulting in an expected $2 million saved over the next two years.
School leaders invite district residents to share how they think financial resources should be used to ensure all students receive a high-quality education.
Through Sunday, Jan. 13, residents will find a link to the Financial Priorities Survey on the district home page. Residents can also contribute ideas for expense reductions by emailing email@example.com.
Input will be used to inform the superintendent’s budget recommendations for 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.
The School Board will host three Community Feedback Forums that will feature a presentation about the school district’s budget, followed by opportunities for participants to give feedback on reduction proposals.
These forums will be held as follows:
• Wednesday, Feb. 6, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Forum Room at Maple Grove Senior High, 9800 Fernbrook Lane (enter Door A on the upper level).
• Thursday, Feb. 7, 6-7:30 p.m. in the media center at Park Center Senior High Media Center, 7300 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Park (enter from Brooklyn Boulevard through Door A).
• Monday, Feb. 11, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Forum Room at Osseo Senior High 317 2nd Ave. N.W. (enter Door 1).