ORDINANCE NO. 17-05
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING MAP OF NEW HOPE ESTABLISHED BY NEW HOPE CODE SECTION 4-4(b) BY REZONING CERTAIN PROPERTIES AT 8400 AND 8420 BASS LAKE ROAD AND 8401, 8411, AND 8421 58TH AVENUE NORTH FROM R4, HIGH DENSITY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT TO PUD, PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT NUMBER 17-06
THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NEW HOPE ORDAINS:
Section 1. Section 4-4(b) Zoning map of the New Hope City Code is hereby amended by rezoning or changing the zoning district designation of the following described properties having property addresses of 8400 and 8420 Bass Lake Road and 8401, 8411, and 8421 58th Avenue North, New Hope, Minnesota, 55428, and legally described below from R4, High Density Residential District to PUD, Planned Unit Development District 17-06 under Section 4-24 of the New Hope Code:
Lots 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, Block 1, Gervais and Hunter Replat, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
Address Property Tax I.D. Nos.:
8400 Bass Lake Road 06-118-21-42-0012
8420 Bass Lake Road 06-118-21-42-0011
8401 58th Avenue North 06-118-21-42-0008
8411 58th Avenue North 06-118-21-42-0009
8421 58th Avenue North 06-118-21-42-0010
Section 2. The Property is rezoned to PUD, Planned Unit Development District 17-06 and the allowed use shall be a market-rate apartment community.
Section 3. Pursuant to Section 4-24(c) of the New Hope City Code, the approval of any development or redevelopment within Planned Unit Development District 17-06 shall be subject to the requirements set forth in New Hope City Code Sections 4-30 and 4-34 including, but not limited to, the following performance and design standards and site and building plan approval:
1. The Property shall be developed or redeveloped in accordance with the final stage PUD master plans approved by the City (Final Plans), which include site plans, grading, drainage and storm water management plans, utility plans, lighting and photometric plans, landscape plans, floor plans, building elevations and comprehensive sign plans. The Final Plans outline all of the performance standards for development of the Property, including, at a minimum, the following design standards for the Property as set forth below:
2. Any applicant for an approval of a development plan or building permits within PUD, Planned Unit Development 17-06 shall meet the following minimum parking requirements which are included in the Final Plans:
3. Any applicant for an approval of a development plan or building permit within PUD, Planned Unit Development District 17-06 shall submit development and final stage PUD plans for City review and approval. The City reserves the right to adjust any performance standards set forth in this ordinance if deemed necessary to improve the site and building design for the purpose of compatibility, public health, or public safety.
4. Any applicant for an approval of a development plan or building permit within PUD, Planned Unit Development District 17-06 shall submit a detailed landscape plan with the PUD development and final stage PUD plans for City review and approval that complies with the following requirements:
a. Mandatory burial of overhead utilities along perimeter of the Property;
b. Traffic visibility setbacks at the parking entrances which shall not be impeded by landscaping.
5. Development and final stage building plans shall address building security related to building entrances and balconies/decks.
6. Development and final stage building plans shall be subject to the following minimum sign standards, regarding which the Final Plans approved by the City are in compliance:
a. A maximum of one (1) freestanding sign which shall meet the following criteria:
1. The total sign face of the free standing sign shall not exceed 70 square feet.
2. The total sign height of the freestanding sign shall not exceed 8 feet.
3. The freestanding sign must be set back at least 10 feet from all lot lines.
b. Signs that comply with the aforementioned sign criteria shall be subject to sign permit review and approval by City staff. Any variation, change or addition beyond the aforementioned criteria shall require an amendment to the approved Sign Plan and shall be subject to the review of the Planning Commission and approval of the City Council.
7. Development and final stage building plans shall detail a stormwater management system that satisfies the watershed requirements.
8. Any development or redevelopment plans for the Property including, but not limited to the Final Plans, that fail to meet the design and performance standards set forth herein shall require a PUD amendment approved by the City.
9. All conditions of approval set forth in Resolution No. 2016-54 shall be incorporated herein.
10. Effective Date. This zoning map amendment shall become effective and be formally imposed on the New Hope Zoning Map upon the approval of the PUD Agreement and Development Agreement pursuant to Planning Case Nos. 16-02 and 17-06. This zoning map amendment shall be published thereafter and shall be in full force upon final publication.
APPROVED by the New Hope City Council this 27th day of February, 2017.
Kathi Hemken, Mayor
Valerie Leone, City Clerk
Published in the
New Hope-Golden Valley Sun Post
March 9, 2017