Brooklyn Park Fire Department celebrates 60 years of service

The Brooklyn Park Fire Department celebrated 60 years of service at a May 13 open house at the Central Fire Station, 5700 85th Ave. N. The department was formed April 10, 1957, when it received approval from the city council.

A firefighter shows a young girl how to operate a fire hose. The police department brought a K-9 unit to the open house. Ken Houchis, who was part of the first Brooklyn Park Fire Department. Syl Lindbloom, right, poses with his wife. Lindbloom was the department’s first assistant captain. The department’s educational robot, “Captain E3,” doles out high-fives and poses for pictures. Fire Chief Ken Prillaman addresses the crowd, speaking on the department’s history. Prillaman is the department’s sixth chief. From left to right, Councilmembers Rich Gates, Lisa Jacobson, Mayor Jeff Lunde and City Manager Jay Stroebel. (Sun Post photos by Kevin Miller)
<
>
From left to right, Councilmembers Rich Gates, Lisa Jacobson, Mayor Jeff Lunde and City Manager Jay Stroebel. (Sun Post photos by Kevin Miller)